Root Out Sarin
Watch the CNN Report Now
What is Sarin?
YOU MAY HAVE HEARD OF SARIN, a deadly organophosphate nerve agent developed as a chemical weapon, It maims and kills within minutes of exposure to the tiniest dosage.
THE WORLD HAS OUTLAWED ITS EXISTENCE, and international governments are working to destroy their stockpiles…
BUT DID YOU KNOW there are some 249 toxic sites spread across 40 states containing Sarin and other chemical weapons waste? Some of these sites are near residential communities and may impact groundwater and the entire ecosystem. Growing children are especially susceptible.
AND FOR 50 YEARS the military dumped some 30,000 tons of chemical weapons material off the coasts of the United States. It’s still down there.
OUR GOVERNMENT CREATED THIS POISONOUS PROBLEM, but today it is largely ignored.
THAT IS ABOUT TO CHANGE.
Many U.S. States are polluted with Sarin and other chemical weapons waste…
We envision a society forever free of the deadly chemical nerve agent Sarin, and a safe, clean food system untouched by Sarin’s chemical derivative, organophosphates.
Root Out Sarin and Organophospates Mission Statement
Sarin and related Organophosphates have been plaguing global health for over 50 years, and must be eliminated. One Thousand Cranes will pressure the United States and other countries for the continued confiscation and destruction of all remaining Sarin chemical weapon stockpiles, and safe cleanup of numerous waste sites contaminated by Sarin or other Chemical Weapons waste. Our programs will raise awareness of the clinically proven health threats of organophosphate pesticides, particularly to developing children, and will wage grassroots action campaigns encouraging the switch to ecologically sound alternatives.
We stand as a trustworthy authority for the public to rely on regarding Sarin and organophosphates.
We work on behalf of affected communities to find common ground solutions with government authorities and private enterprise.
We demand accountability and apply grassroots pressure to safely restore all Sarin sites and ban organophosphate use.
- Publicize locations of Sarin and other chemical weapons waste sites across United States.
- Raise awareness in nearby communities of the health threats they face, and how they can protect themselves.
- Advocacy for prompt and safe cleanup of all the waste sites, including grassroots campaigns pressuring the military, Congress, and regulatory agencies to fulfill their restoration commitments.
- Supporting the Kentucky Environmental Foundation and other local organizations in their successful campaign to ensure the massive chemical weapons stockpile at Blue Grass Army Depot is eradicated using state-of-the-art safe destruction technology.
- Advocacy for continued confiscation and destruction of international Sarin and other Chemical weapons stockpiles in Russia, Syria, Iraq and Libya.
- Influencing countries that are non-compliant with the chemical Weapons Convention to sign the treaty and begin destruction of their stockpiles
Root Out Sarin & Organophosphates Program Benefits
- An educated public more informed on the serious health dangers of Sarin, and more protective of their local communities.
- Increased scrutiny of government accountability to preserve our ecosystems from Sarin and other manmade contaminants.
- Increased awareness, compassion and aid for future victims of Sarin chemical warfare and terrorism.